Thursday, January 1, 2009

Unbelievable!

I ran the Resolution Revolution again this morning. This was my third time to run it. It was quite cold, probably about 20 degrees at the start. That's me on the left and my friend and former co-worker John D. on the right. John is a Blackhawk pilot in the National Guard and is leaving for Iraq next week. John was responsible for turning me on to the Resolution Revolution a couple years ago. He is hoping to be back in time for the next Res-Rev on January 1, 2010. God bless you and keep you safe. Both of John's sons were also there this morning. At the moment their names are escaping me; I'm wanting to say Eric and Brian? If that's correct I think it's Eric on the left and Brian in the middle of the second photo.

I hit the first mile marker at 6:46, pretty quick for me but I felt good so I just went with it. I finished the first lap in 19:38. Ok, I'm now thinking I can crack this nut in under an hour. First mile of lap 2 is again at 6:46. I'm in the zone. Second lap down in 39:24. Lap three, I didn't feel like I was slowing, but first mile is a 6:55. No stinkin' thinkin' now, I can do this, don't let up. I've been lapping walkers and slower runners for a while now and that is helping me to keep pushing myself. I turn the last corner and head for the finish. I can finally see the numbers on the clock, keep pushing you can do this. Yes! 59:17! Somebody pinch me; I must be dreaming. Nine miles in under and hour. That's 4:04 faster than last year! That is what I call starting the year out right. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

1 comment:

Jason Pyles said...

Jeffro, Thanks for the blog post reply and story. Like you said I hope that wasn't the only time that person was running for nothing!

I like your blog you have going, and see that your a Brooks IDer as well..thats awesome!

Best of Luck with all of your 2009 runnings!

God Bless