Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stairs, Ugh!

I struggled with the stairs today. I don't have my official time yet, but my watch has me about 25 seconds slower than last year. Not sure what the problem was. I think I'm in better shape than I was last year, but it was rough going today. Last year I got faster on each trip up. This year I slowed each time. Probably pushed a little to hard on the first trip. I've been doing a lot of strength training lately and have put on a few pounds. That could be a part of it. Even though I think the weight gain is mostly muscle it still has to be hauled all the way to the top. Still it was fun. Met some new people and ran into some old friends.

Update: Ok, my time was only about 18 seconds slower than last year and I came in 5th place.

1 comment:

ed said...

Ugh?! You did very well on the stair climb! I would have to wear knee pads if I ever attempted anything like that! What were your "splits"? I'm impressed that the organizers can pull off such an event, especially with so many participants. Tough luck on your recent bad news . . . hang in there!