Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Time Keeps on Slippin’

Where does the time go? I can’t believe it’s been a month already since my last post. I didn’t run 360 at Muscatatuck July 5th. I had to go to a picnic with my wife instead. Probably just as well I didn’t because I barely finished the 15 mile run that morning anyway. Although on that 15 miler and the 20 miler the weekend before I finally worked some pushups into the run, something I’ve been thinking about doing for awhile now. On the 20 miler I did 140 pushups and on the 15 I did 100 pushups. The pushups kick the workout up a notch, as Emeril would say, bam!


I bought a pair of Vasque Velocity trail shoes from sierratradingpost.com. I haven’t taken them for a test run yet, but they feel very good on my feet. If you haven't purchased anything from Sierra Trading Post you need to check them out. I’ve been buying all sorts of stuff from them for 6 or 7 years or more and I’ve never been disappointed and on several occasions their service has exceeded my expectations.


This Saturday I’m running a 5k in downtown Indy. It’s a little shorter than I normally run, but my wife is running so I’m doing it to support her. It should be a very flat and fast course so I’m hoping to finish under 20 minutes and break a 16 year old PR.

No comments: