Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That

Balloons preparing to lift off at Balloon Fiesta

Making Hot Air

Me with Don and Aynslee at Jemez Falls

My wife and I on top of Soda Dam

And in front of Soda Dam

Well, I finally have a job, so there goes my training schedule. I'm back at Diamond Chain as Product Design Engineer and very glad to be back there.

Last Saturday I ran the DINO 15k Trail Series race at SouthWestway Park. It's a 5k loop repeated 3 times. This year they decided to run the loop counterclockwise. The RD said it was more challenging this way. I don't know. There are some tough hills either way. I actually preferred it this way. Not a big crowd so I finished 16th overall and 1st in my age group. My time was 1:12:51, 33 seconds slower than last year. I felt pretty good the whole race. Didn't start out too fast. Didn't die in the middle, had a strong finish.

Didn't get to run the Big Tesuque Trail Race in New Mexico, but did do some hiking and went to the Balloon Fiesta.

1 comment:

ed said...

Colorful pics!

To finish within 10 minutes of the winner in a 15k is pretty impressive to me -- you're a real speedster -- Congrats!

.