Sunday, February 3, 2008

Be Bop Triple Bop

Bop to the Top was a blast! I did the 37 floor stair climb three times and got a little faster each time. Only 34 people signed up to do it three times. Of those 29 finished. I was 7th over all. Had I done the single stair climb I would have finished around 50th out of more than 1100. I had never done this before, so I didn’t know what to expect. I was hoping to complete each climb in about 7 minutes. First climb 5:46, 2nd 5:41, 3rd 5:37. I was feeling pretty good at that point. The T.S. Eliot quote was running through my mind; “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." After the Bop I returned home and ran 3 miles. After which I felt totally spent. Oh and I almost forgot to mention that I was interviewed by a news guy from a local TV station. It was fun and I don’t think I sounded too dumb, but it didn’t make their newscast. I’m checking to see if I can get a copy of it. If I do I’ll post it here; that is if I don’t look too silly. You can see all the Bop results here.

Today though I feel really good. After church I went to NIFS for my first workout there and then ran 6 miles, 2 laps around the canal in downtown Indy. During the run I did 3 sets of 15 box jumps. Wow those box jumps kicked my butt. This Thursday I have an appointment with one of the trainers at NIFS. He’ll assess my fitness level, we’ll talk about my goals, and then he’ll help me set up a fitness program to achieve those goals.

I don’t want to sound too much like a Bowflex commercial, but this week I turned 45 years young and I’m in the best shape of my life. I have truly been blessed by God.

No comments: